“Green” Ideas for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts in Hershey
- Do an inventory of locations that need a tree replacement so we can help target our volunteer tree-planting program.
- Organize a rain barrel workshop — we have done a couple of these.
- Help plant trees along bike and walking paths.
- Pull weeds at a streamside buffer.
- Organize a recycling education program.
- Partner with the Hershey High School Environmental Club.
- Build bird houses, list types of birds, and provide binoculars for bird watchers around the Library.
- Put benches along bike and walking paths.
- Put informational signs along streamed buffers.